In present day world, Digital Social Marketing has become a distinct, independent, most effective and efficient tool of reaching to any business audience, so much that it has occupied separate departmental titles and structure within organizations’ organograms.
We have thus very rightfully allowed this Functional Area of organizations within the scope of consulting work. Digital Social Marketing involves Social Media Optimization as its core area.
1. Social Media Optimization (SMO) is not merely an act of uploading graphical posts to a social page, but a complex task involving:
- Medium Selection,
- Potential Audience,
- Message Content,
- Frequency of Messaging,
- Landing Pages Strategy,
- Interaction Purpose,
- Call for Action,
- Trust Development,
- Establishing Authority,
- Sales Closure,
- Post Sales Follow Ups,
- Reference Building,
- Testimonial Development,
- Reviews Buildup,
- Multiple Platform Handling,
- Operative Sustainability and the list continues.
Thus we involve the following major Steps or Activities, which are sub-divided into several sub-activities.
- Evaluating: This step involves finding out and digging up, as of now situation of the client organization. The activities include gathering initial information about organization, industry trends and benchmarks, analysis like SWOT, PEST, STEER and EPISTEL, gathering inventory of internal and external resources, yearly goals and long term strategic vision.
- Establishing Strategy: This step involves several activities, like the purpose of social media campaign, defining expectations and results, selection of platforms and the outreach. This also involves budget decisions, duration, intra-platform engagement and decisions for internal resources within organization.
- Engaging: This step actually involves the act of engaging audience and includes all activities that are used for the said purpose. For example from launching social media campaigns to designing posts, engaging chatbots, devising polls or merely asking for likes or call for actions.
- Educating: The sales business model has changed from pitching a client and telling about your product to Awareness, Educating and Engagement. Educating audience about industry proves one’s authority, knowledge and professional expertise over a product or service. Educating involves sharing regularly about what is happening in a particular industry and how clients can benefit from developments.
- Encouraging: Encouraging clients for repeat business or for referring further businesses through incentives, rewards, appreciations and announcements and thus completing the business cycle, which starts from evaluation and ends with repeat sales or existing clients referring other clients.
This does not end here. Digital Social Marketing involves:
2. Website Optimization (if it isn’t done before).
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
4. App Store Optimization (ASO)
For further information to discuss your organization needs, please contact us.